BCS Health was formed to cover all aspects of informatics in support of health, a sector of particular relevance and importance to BCS.
BCS Health provides leadership in this sector, acting as a source of professionally recognised expertise, under-pinning the outward-facing role of BCS, and ensuring that contributors to Health Informatics are recognised and respected.
BCS Health Objectives 2013-14
- Professionalism - ensuring appropriate qualified and skilled professionals in health informatics roles;
- Education and guidance - improving healthcare by use of information and technology;
- Interoperability - reducing the barriers to widespread adoption of interoperability for flow of information;
- Social care - establishing closer working between health and social care informatics;
- Information Governance - better informing the public on information governance.