The Communications Community of Expertise has a diverse membership, but aims to be a unified voice on behalf of society on issues around electronic communications at both a National and European level.
Working within the overall guidance of BCS Policy and Public Affairs Board, the principal aims of the Communications Community of Expertise are to:
- Work in conjunction with relevant BCS specialist, member and expert groups to implement an annual programme of work;
- Lead the Institute’s response to public consultations when appropriate through the BCS Policy Hub processes;
- Research ideas and develop proposals for products, services, recommendations, conferences, seminars and any other activity that may benefit the BCS membership and the wider community in the Communications field;
- Build a relationship with government and influential bodies in Communications to propagate a progressive approach to the use of IT;
- Manage and oversee relations with partner organisations and industry to support initiatives and share best practice.